Sunday, September 16, 2018

Inspired

"The hardest step she ever took was to blindly trust in who she was"- Atticus


It's been long enough. Too long in fact. The world has a way of sweeping us away, allowing us to listen to everyone but ourselves, allowing us to watch time move slowly without realizing how fast it is actually going, allowing us to watch everyone around us grow while we sit and wish we would too. The only way to change, grow, or improve is by focusing on ourselves and what God is asking of us.
pinterest: @elllyza 
This summer has flown by as I allowed myself to get caught up in what I thought I had to do according to others standards. Make money, socialize, and sacrifice sleep. I felt proud that I could brag over 60-70 hour work weeks while still playing soccer and going out with friends. Meanwhile, I became depressed, stressed, and overwhelmed. Clearly taking care of myself wasn't a priority, but I thought it meant I just needed to try harder. Where was any of this taking me though?
Students may bring, if they desire, an owl...
I needed to take a step back, to realize I wasn't happy. So what is happiness? Aristotle speculates happiness as the end to which we all hope to attain. Given this was the one thing that stuck out to me in philosophy class from ions ago, I realized I had yet again let my will surpass God's. Since the end I hope to attain is Heaven, I have not been following the means necessary to get there. Sure I pray and go to church, but am I doing God's will?

He has long made it quite clear what His will is for me and yet I constantly have excuses as to why I can't do it. But no more excuses. No more watching time go by. No more wishing I was like someone else. It's time I take that step in blindly trusting who I am, who He's made me to be.
White arrows with golden tips shoot through the forest, heading towards their perfectly judged target.
Recently an inspiration struck that really got me excited to start designing again. Something that makes complete sense as to what I hope to attain with my clothing line. So the next few posts will be geared to that inspiration, slowly revealing the creations that are finally coming into play. Here it goes! I cannot wait to share the final pieces with you all and I hope you find it as inspirational as I do!

Until next week,
~Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment